February 9, 2008

Production progress


This is the logo Jill and I have worked out for pjpress. Inside the box the black and white can be reversed. I'll put the cover on the next post, when I have a version with the new blurb text. Setting up a page on google pages, a kind of faux website as far as I can tell is my next step. Learning these new techniques is what I find hard, probably because I don't really understand what I am doing, I am just following instructions that don't necessarily mean a lot to me and my brain works best when it understands what's happening.

Very soon I will have a proof-reading printout, which my partner and a friend will proof-read for me - have done a copy edit - and then it will be ready to go to the printer who will provide a printed proof copy, which will be the moment of truth for how it actually looks as a book. I am planning a launch for 30 March, here in Paekakariki where I live, more in a later post on that.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the progress on your book. It sounds like you are almost there. The logo looks really good - simple, clean and striking. Good choice with Bembo, it's a really nice, clean, classy and not too fussy font.

    Hope the rest of your publication process goes well.

    ReplyDelete